Feature hematological diseases is the almost complete absence of symptoms in the early stages, the high probability of lethal outcome in delayed and/or incorrect treatment.
In order to diagnose any diseases of the blood, it is necessary to use high-tech equipment. The differential diagnosis need sufficient medical experience and a whole complex of diagnostic tests.
During examination of patients with diseases of blood use:
- detailed clinical analysis of blood;
- aspiration biopsy of the bone marrow;
- histological examination punctate (cellular composition of the taken sample) bone marrow;
- positron emission tomography (determines the composition of the blood, the degree of oxygen saturation, the movement of blood through the vessels);
- computed tomography (CT).
Each patient receives an individual treatment depending on the severity of the underlying disease, presence of concomitant diseases, the rate of rise of the symptoms and diseases of the blood.
When treatment can be applied:
- chemotherapy: for each of the diseases developed and tested effective drugs that slow the progression of the disease and help to restore normal blood counts;
- radiotherapy: at the present time in Israeli clinics use gentle methods of radiotherapy treatment, which destroys the abnormal blood cells;
- transplantation of donor or canned own bone marrow of the patient.
In the Israeli Arsenal of doctors there are enough unique developments. An example is the special medical sealant, which contributes to the contraction of the wound and stops bleeding in patients with impaired coagulation. This sealant has been successfully applied in patients with hemophilia.
If necessary in the treatment of hematological patient involved, the surgeon, oncologist, transplant and other doctors.